Many customers have multiple email addresses. Beans uses email to identify a customer. As a caveat if the customer checkout with an email that is not known by Beans, Beans will not be able to identify them. This can be easily fixed by making sure that Beans knows all the email addresses that a customer has.
In the case the customer has duplicate accounts you should check how to merge duplicate accounts.
Advantages of linking email addresses
Suppose a customer Joe have two emails email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and has registered to the rewards program using their first email address. After linkage, joe will only have one account and will be able to do all of the following:
- Joe can checkout with email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and still receive their credit in the same account.
- Joe can login using email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and will still have access to the same rewards program account.
- Joe will only receive notification on their primary email address.
How to link two email addresses to the same reward program account
- From your admin account, go the members section
2. Find the customer's reward program account. You can use the search bar if necessary. Then, open the account.
3. From the account view, click on the menu on the top right and click on Email addresses.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
If necessary you can set a primary email address. The primary email address is where the customer will receive rewards program notifications at.