Beans works best when each of your customers has one and only one rewards program account. However, sometimes a customer can get two accounts by accident; for example if they registered twice for your rewards program or if they use a different email for checking out, etc... When it happens, it is recommended to merge the duplicate account into the original account in order to avoid customer having two accounts to manage.
Advantages of merging duplicate accounts
Suppose a customer Joe have two emails email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org which are linked to different rewards program accounts. After merging, joe will only have one account and will be able to do all of the following:
- Joe can checkout with email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and still receive their credit in the same account.
- Joe can login using email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and will still have access to the same rewards program account.
- Joe will only receive notification on their primary email address.
How to merge duplicate accounts
- From your admin account, go the members section
2. Locate the duplicate accounts. You can use the search bar if necessary. Then, open the account that you would like to keep.
3. From the account view, click on the menu on the top right and click on Merge account.
4. Enter the email of the duplicate account you would like to merge with and select whether you want to keep the highest balance or sum the balance of both account and then click on Merge.